PUBG Update 5.2 went live Wednesday on the Test Server adding a new environmental hazard and changes to Vikendi.
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Season 5 is underway and the developer isn't slowing down when it comes to changes. Update 5.2 is chock ful of them, most importantly the new Spike Trap item and another wave of changes to a PUBG map.
Here's everything you need to know about Spike Traps and updates to Vikendi.
PUBG Update 5.2 Adds Spike Traps and Vikendi Changes
- Spike Traps puncture the tires of any vehicle that runs over the strip of spikes.
- Spike Traps can only damage one vehicle before it disappears
- Spike Traps puncture tires of vehicles, but do not damage overall vehicle health
- Spike Traps are spawned at rates consistent with other throwables across all maps.
- You can lay a Spike Trap by selecting it and pressing LMB. Once you’ve laid a Spike Trap, you cannot pick it back up.
PUBG Vikendi Updates
- New roads have been added to reduce the difficulty of moving through certain snow-covered areas of Vikendi.
- Along with the roads added, the amount of vehicles across the map have increased and locations adjusted.
- A cold front has moved in and the river around Castle has frozen over to allow you to navigate that area more easily.
- Located at the center of Vikendi, Mount Kreznic consists of various terrain types which are difficult to navigate, due to how steep the mountain is. To improve this, the overall height of the mountain has been lowered.
- Vikendi terrain in many areas is very flat, making it difficult for players to hide or take cover when encountering enemies. To improve this, we’ve added more variance to terrain height in areas across the map.
Improved Towns in Vikendi
- A few of Vikendi’s towns were seldom visited due to complex structures or not enough loot.
- Volnova has been reshaped. Major buildings and driving routes have been modified
- Item spawn counts in Peshkova have increased.
- Garages where vehicles are spawned in Trevno have been relocated to allow easier escape after looting.
- Some buildings have been removed or replaced with different buildings to improve gameplay. The field of vision gained from high buildings has been adjusted, through structural changes.
Improved Gameplay Balance
- Blue Zone balance on Vikendi has been adjusted so that players can set up strategies using more varied routes.
- The size of early safe zones has increased.
- The size and speed of mid and late-game Blue Zones remain similar
- The randomness of Blue Zone locations throughout the match has slightly increased.
- To reflect player feedback on insufficient vehicle spawns on Vikendi, we’ve signifcantly increased the overall number of vehicle spawns.
- The location of vehicle spawns has been modified in accordance to the new Blue Zone balance.
For more information on other changes in PUBG Update 5.2, check out the full patch notes here.
Photo courtesy of PUBG Corp