PlayerUnknown's Battleground's Xbox community manager made a post on Reddit announcing the return of the Public Test Server (PTS). Before the latest patch is implemented on the live server on May 28, from May 20 7 p.m. PDT to May 28, players will have a chance to test these new changes out for themselves.
Performance, UI/UX, and Bug Fixes
- In-game lobby background and BGM has been changed
- System menu UI which can be accessed by pressing the Start button has been redesigned
- Emotes customization UI has been redesigned
- Optimized level streaming and improved the loading speed of proximate buildings by 30~40%.
- Hitching which occurs when texture streams has been optimized.
- Fixed an issue where footsteps on a steel surface made sound of incorrect material in Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where characters got stuck on the ceiling when vaulting on certain objects in Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where vines over the wires in Camp Bravo blocked bullets in Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where players were able to see past walls by abusing the emote mechanism
- Fixed an issue where players were able to open or close doors, despite a vehicle blocking it
- Fixed an issue where players were briefly able to see through a thin wall when leaning against it
- Fixed an issue where when a player was damaged by two Molotov Cocktails, the player who threw the first will be credited with the kill.
- Fixed an issue where the smoke coming from a grenade explosion outlines players inside the smoke grenade
- Fixed an issue where players are unable to lean while standing on a crossbow
- Fixed an issue where players with poor network connectivity take no damage when exiting moving vehicles
- Fixed an issue where characters hands move abnormally when switching firing mode on the Bizon
- Fixed an issue where the Inventory UI displays incorrectly when equipping certain attachments on the QBZ
For the full list of Bug Fixes, check out the Reddit post.
To access the PTS, simply search for and download the “PUBG - Public Test Server” on the Microsoft Store.
Photo courtesy of PUBG Corporation