Season 1 of Roller Champions, Disco Fever, officially launched Tuesday, bringing with it gameplay balancing, visual interface improvements, new songs, and quality of life updates.
For fans of the free-to-play, team PvP sports game, here's a breakdown of the Roller Champions Season 1: Disco Fever patch notes, per Ubisoft.
Roller Champions: Disco Fever Patch Notes: Full List
- The Magnetic Pass can no longer be used on teammates outside of your field of view.
- The Air Pose and Air Tackle upward impulses will no longer combine with the Uppercut when used simultaneously.
- The player can now use their camera while using the Ball Focus.
- The Magnetic Pass target selection will now correctly combine with the Look Back action when used.
- Team Move: Speed Boost will now correctly give the impulse to a player when used in any direction.
- Emotes will now be blocked when a player is using a Team Move on a teammate.
- Look sensitivity settings can no longer be set to 0 (now starts at 5).
- Keyboard arrow keys can now be used to control the player camera.
- The feedback of two players tackling each other at the same time will now properly be triggered (e.g., camera shake, controller vibration, tackle VFX).
- Several QoL improvements to the Follow Camera settings.
- Various improvements to AI behavior.
- The Sprint action has been added.
- The Action Camera action has been added.
- Transitions between cameras have been improved with new ease-in and ease-out transitions.
- The horizontal and vertical look sensitivities of the Spectator can now be changed and inverted in the Gameplay Options.
- The camera currently used by the Spectator will now be highlighted in the Control Helper on the HUD.
- The Zoom in and Zoom out actions' key binds on gamepads changed.
- The maximum ranges the Spectators can move in the Custom Match arenas have been slightly reduced.
- Custom Match now supports 2 Spectators during a match (from 1 to 2).
- "Regulation Time Duration" setting has been added.
- "Overtime Duration" setting has been added.
- Players will now correctly be placed in the Custom Match entry there were invited from.
- The Skatepark Activity timer on the HUD will now give a bigger heads up for the next activity (countdown will be more than 3 minutes ahead).
- A new overlay will appear at the start of the Skatepark Activity, as well as at the end of the Activity, to display the player's placement and rewards earned.
- The camera on the player is now closer during the replay.
- Camera movement during rapid verticality changes and player scoring is now smoother.
- The slow-motion triggered by player actions during the replay are now capped at 1 per action-type.
- Air Pose and Team Move: Super Jump will now trigger slow-motion during the replays.
- The highlighted text in the [Moves & Rules Menu] and [Play Menu] has been changed to a bold gold color, instead of red, for better readability.
- The new Mailbox feature is accessible from the Main Menu, replacing the previous notifications.
- The Options Menu (top right corner in the Home Page) now has a new feature called "Feedback."
- Loading screen tips now include input buttons embedded in the text, where it is relevant.
- The Skatepark Tile in the Play Menu now displays the Skatepark Activity state and timer when an Activity is active.
- The Daily Bonus section has been removed from the Sponsor menu (moved to the Home Page) as well as special contracts have been visually revamped.
- The End of Match flow now includes an improved celebration of the total number of Lifetime Fans that the player has earned so far.
Roller Champions: Disco Fever is out now for free on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC (via Ubisoft Store, Epic Games Store).
To celebrate the launch of Disco Fever, all fans earned during the first weekend from June 25 at 12 p.m. ET to June 27 at 12 p.m. ET will be doubled for every player.