Rune Arcs are a special consumable in Elden Ring that activates the effects of your equipped Great Rune. If you don't use a Rune Arc, your rune is dormant and its effects aren't applied to your character.
Here's everything you need to know about the Rune Arcs in Elden Ring, including where to find, and how to use, them
Rune Arc Elden Ring: Where to Find and How to Use
You can find Rune Arcs in various areas throughout Elden Ring, as well as purchase them from merchants. Here are the places you can naturally find the Rune Arc:
- Reward for successfully defeating a boss when summoned during multiplayer.
- Reward for successfully defeating a Host of Fingers as a Bloody Finger during multiplayer
- Rare drop from Rats.
- Academy Crystal Cave: Enter the room protected by a Great Sage, open the chest to find the Rune Arc.
- Unsightly Catacombs: Turn left from where you pull the lever to unlock the door. A Rune Arc can be found on a corpse in the corridor.
- Village of the Albinaurics: After fighting Omenkiller, turn to the right and you will find it at the end of the path, on a body.
- Road's End Catacombs: Inside Road's End Catacombs there is a hidden room. Hit the second archway wall after heading down the stairs. on your left, you will find the Rune Arc.
- Altus Tunnel: in the chest in the first room on the right.
- Cliffbottom Catacombs: Under a set of stairs.
- Caria Manor: On a corpse in the upper walkways of the gardens, to the east. This area is accessible from the chapel in the west.
- Liurnia of the Lakes: On a body, past the Nomadic Merchant and some big stones, near the edge of the cliff.
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Found on a corpse inside a large enemy outpost west of The Four Belfries.
- Fort Gael: Found on the corpse in the courtyard with the Lion Guardian.
Here are the places you can purchase the Rune Arc:
- The Nomadic Merchant located in Liurnia of the Lakes for 4,000 Runes.
- Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold for 4,000 Runes.
You can hold up to 99 Rune Arcs and store up to 600 of them. Use them as you would a consumable to activate your Great Rune, otherwise it will remain dormant.