The World of Warcraft: Shadowlands 9.2 Eternity's End PTR is now live, Blizzard announced Wednesday, and it's got the patch notes to prove it.
In early November, Blizzard's 9.2 Eternity's End developer preview revealed plenty, including that class-based Armor Tier sets will be making their welcome return after being absent since the game's Legion expansion. Although there's no word yet on when Patch 9.2 will be arriving, thankfully it is available now for players to explore on the game's public test realm. For those looking to travel to Zereth Mortis early, here's a breakdown of the Shadowlands 9.2 Eternity's End PTR patch notes.
Shadowlands 9.2 Eternity's End PTR Patch Notes
Dungeons and Raids
- New Raid: Sepulcher of the First Ones – Deep in the Sepulcher of the First Ones lies the key to unlock the Jailer’s plans. Gather the power of the First Ones as you pursue Zovaal into the Sepulcher and fight through his forces — but first, you must face Anduin, and discover a way to resist the Jailer’s terrifying Domination magic.
- Tazavesh, the Veiled Market – Now separated into two dungeons and added to the Mythic+ dungeon rotation.
Items and Rewards
- Progenitor Armor Set – Collect your class armor set from defeating bosses in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid and from the Great Vault to unlock 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses that power certain abilities for your specialization
(Developers’ note: When the PTR is live, Setzertauren can be found in the central ring of Oribos to purchase the armor sets for testing the set bonuses.)
- New wild pets to capture in Zereth Mortis.
Player Versus Player
- New Brawl: Solo Shuffle - The Solo Shuffle brawl pits six players (two healers, four damage dealers) against each other in exciting 3v3 Arena matches. As the name implies, you can only queue for this brawl solo. Play a series of short matches as teams are shuffled and earn rewards based on your performance.
- Rare Crafted Equipment recipes now have an additional Optional Reagent slot.
- New Recipes (All of these new recipes and reagents can be found on the Craftataur NPC in Oribos during the 9.2 PTR)
- New Campaign Chapters - Chapters 1, 2 and 3 are available in the Dec. 1 PTR update.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- New Game Mode: The Jailer’s Gauntlet – Run through a series of increasingly challenging boss battles, across 8 floors per layer and 8 layers total to earn unique rewards.
- Four new challenging Layers have been introduced, Layers 13–16.
- New Empowered Torments – Existing Torments that have increased in strength. One Empowered Torment will be applied to Layers 13–14, and two Empowered Torments will be applied to Layers 15–16.
User Interface and Accessibility
- New Feature: Click Casting – This feature allows you to cast spells by simply clicking on a unit frame. Set up your spell bindings by going to the Key Bindings menu or Interface Options → Combat.
- New Setting: Unit Frame Mouseover Casting – This setting allows you to mouse over a unit frame and cast a spell on that character without targeting them. Access this setting under Interface Options → Combat.
- Zereth Mortis was created by the First Ones as a workshop to create afterlives. Its denizens — the automa — have built all that exists in the Shadowlands. It is a strange, otherworldly location that defies all concepts of reality or physics. The Jailer intends to use the secrets of Zereth Mortis to reshape reality and bend it to his malevolent will.
- New Reputation: The Enlightened – The Enlightened are brokers that arrived on Zereth Mortis a long time ago. They no longer see their world in a transactional manner, but instead they treat their dwelling as a sacred place, and hope to answer to a higher calling — the pursuit of knowledge. Find common ground with The Enlightened to succeed and defend Zereth Mortis.
- Cypher of the First Ones – The automa of Zereth Mortis speak in a musical language that is incomprehensible to mortal races. Team up with a curious automa sidekick in this new progression system to learn the lost language of the Progenitors and delve deeper into the secrets of Zereth Mortis, unlocking an array of new zone activities, daily quests, events, and rewards. (Developers’ note: this feature is currently under development so any aspects being discussed could be subject to change.)
- New World Boss: Antros, Keeper of the Antecedents located on Antecedent Isle in Zereth Mortis.
- New World Quests are available after completing Chapter 2 of the new campaign.
- New Haven and Dimensional Falls questlines.
- New rares and treasures to discover (Developers’ note: Zereth Mortis rewards and combat tuning are still under development.)