The TFT Patch 12.13 Patch Notes were officially released on July 13, and this article will give a rundown of all the notable buffs, nerfs, and adjustments that players will be witness to in this Teamfight Tactics patch.
TFT 12.13 Patch Notes Explained
Minor changes were made to help decrease the length of games. Augment Rounds, Treasure Dragon, and the round immediately after Treasure Dragon, have all been shortened by 10 seconds.
Player damage in Stage 8 has been increased to 150 in Standard and Double Up games
The Assassin, Astral, Ragewing and Shimmerscale traits have received the most notable Trait changes this patch.
- Assassin Critical Strike damage has been reduced, from 15/30/50% to 5/25/45%.
- Astral has received a new Refresh button that tracks Astral Shop progress and reflects the quality of the Astral Orbs. Astral Ability Power has also been increased, from 5/30/70 to 10/40/80.
- Ragewing Attack Speed has been increased from 50/125/255% to 50/135/250%. Ragewing Omnivamp has been adjusted from 30/50/70% to 25/50/75%.
- Multiple Shimmerscale items have received various buffs and nerfs.
The Assassin nerf comes in response to their consistent strength in comparison to other traits. The Ragewing buff and adjustments come in response to comps with Ragewing 6 and 9 being underused in comparison to adding Ragewing 3 to buff Xayah and Swain carries. The Ragewing changes will hopefully make the trait more viable overall.
Some notable buffs and nerfs to units are:
- Lillia Heath buffed from 700 to 750; Attack Damage nerfed from 50 to 40; Attack Speed increased from 0.65 to .7; Lillia Watch Out! center bonus Damage increased from 150/255/350 to 215/275/350.
- Swain Health nerfed from 650 to 600; Attack Speed decreased from 0.75 to 0.7.
- Volibear Relentless Storm number of enemies adjusted from 3/4/5 to 4/4/4; Relentless Storm Damage per enemy reduces from 160/175/190 to 110/155/215; Relentless Storm total damage decreased from 480/700/950 to 440/620/860.
- Hecarim max Mana buff: 75/120 to 60/105.
- Xayah Attack Speed nerfed from 0.75 to 0.7.
- Shyvana Mana buff from 45/75 to 30/60; Armor and Magic Resist nerfed from 60 to 55; Flame Breath max Health percent burn Damage buffed from 25/60/300% to 55/66/500%.
The Lilia and Hecarim buffs point toward Cavalier comps getting some attention from the developers, and will hopefully become a stronger pick. Swain and Xayah nerfs come in response to their carry potential, and hopefully with this slight nerf players will feel more compelled to run more than just Ragewing 3. The Volibear nerfs came in response to his power in the midgame. Shyvana buffs and nerfs will hopefully make her more viable for those trying to run Ragewing 6 and 9.
The biggest Unit changes took place on Aurelion Sol, who was reworked. Black Hole now increased damage taken by enemies by 20%, and Black Holes generated after 20 seconds of combat are larger and deal 50% more damage; however, the size of black holes no longer scales with the number of casts. Aurelion Sol's Mana is now 40/90. An article explaining why Aurelion Sol underwent this rework can be read here.
One of the biggest changes made to Augments is that Blue Battery will no longer be stacking with Blue Buff. Other notable Augment changes are:
- Best Friends bonus Attack Speed nerfed from 15/25/35% to 10/20/30%.
- Ricochet (Cannnoneer) will prefer to bounce to targets who are further away.
Some notable small changes of the 12.13 Patch are:
- Guild 7 is now possible. 250% Guild Bonus received upon obtaining Guild 7.
- Yasuo will now reliably execute the last enemy alive.
- Bard Tempered Fate Stun Duration nerfed from 1.5/2/15 to 1.25/2/15 seconds.
- Living Forge no longer grants Ornn Artifacts that it has already granted you.