As Valorant's a game where the mental battle is perhaps just as important as the mechanical, it's safe to say that every little detail counts.
That means the competition arguably starts in the Collection screen, where players have over 530 different weapon skins to choose from, let alone variants.
DBLTAP spoke with several of the game's best players from OpTic Gaming, FunPlus Phoenix and 100 Thieves during the Valorant Champions 2022 group stage to get their thoughts on a simple question: What is your favorite Vandal skin in Valorant? Here's what we found.
Kicking things off, one skin that's caught the eye of many players as of late, particularly after its bundle rotated out of the shop, has been the Neptune Vandal.
Complete with light and dark variants, as well as its nautical VFX, Fish Animation and Kill Banner upgrades, the Neptune Vandal is at the top of OpTic Jimmy "Marved" Nguyen's list.
"I'd say it has to be the Neptune Vandal," Marved told DBLTAP. "I like it because looks pretty simple, clean and I really like the sound of it. It's like really a soft sound and doesn't really make too much noise, so I don't know. I just really like the sound of it, like the water drops."
Meanwhile, a longtime running joke around the community has been that the skins are "pay to win." Riot Games has replied time and time again that their pricey offerings are strictly cosmetic, but it's not hard to argue that there isn't some sort of placebo effect going on making certain weapons feel easier to control depending on their variant.
That's exactly what FPX Dmitry "SUYGETSU" Ilyushin brought up while shouting out the Prelude to Chaos Vandal.
"My favorite skin at this moment is [the] Chaos," SUYGETSU said. "My previous was Prime because it's like, I don't know. First time I saw Prime I think it was the best skin in Valorant but my opinion right now is Chaos. My viewers [are] also saying that, ‘[With the] Chaos, you are shooting faster,’ but I don't know. I didn't feel this shit. In my opinion, Chaos is better, like [it’s] easier to aim on enemies and heads. Maybe I get used to it probably. Maybe I just have good aim, but I don't know.”
100T William "Will" Cheng agreed wholeheartedly with SUYGETSU, mentioning that his absolute favorite Vandal skin was the Prelude to Chaos (Variant 2 White) thanks to its neon green tracers.
For more 2022 VCT coverage, feel free to check out:
- Valorant Pros Share Their Go-To Buys for Pistol Rounds
- Valorant Pros Settle the Vandal vs. Phantom Debate
- VCT Pros Explain What the Best Map is in Valorant
- VCT Pros Reveal What the Worst Map is in Valorant
- Coaching ‘Vibey’ 100 Thieves Valorant, Sean Gares Finds Personal Growth as Well
- Valorant Pros Explain What Players Should Improve to Climb Ranked
- VCT Pros Reveal Their Favorite Post-Launch Valorant Agents
- Sean Gares Talks Future of Valorant Esports: 'We're Still Early on in the Game's Lifespan'
- Valorant Pros Share Their Favorite Melee Skins
- VCT Pros Explain What the Most OP Ultimate Ability is in Valorant
- Valorant Pros Reveal Where Their Dream VCT Events Would Take Place
- Valorant Esports 2023 Partnership Tracker