The Valorant Update 2.06 patch notes arrived Wednesday and there is a lot to discuss. The new update brings some of the biggest changes to the game in some time.
Riot Games has delivered on some long-awaited promises in this update with a pair of Agent buffs meant to balance out the tier lists. Other features of the new update include a series of nerfs to perhaps the best shotgun in the game and additions to Escalation mode. Quality of life changes was also added as well as an advanced audio setting.
Valorant Update 2.06 Patch Notes: Full List of Changes
- Enemies that encounter Viper's Poison Cloud, Toxic Screen, or Viper's Pit are instantly inflicted with a minimum of 50 decay. The longer they are in contact with the toxin, the stronger the decay.
- While in cloud, Decay over time has decreased from 15 to 10
- When out of cloud, delay before health regeneration has decreased from 2.5 to 1.5
- Poison Cloud can now be redeployed with a temporary charge when picked up
- Poison Cloud now remains active for an additional two seconds after Viper is killed
- Poison Cloud pickup distance increased from 200 to 400
- Toxic Screen now remains active for an additional two seconds after Viper is killed
- Toxic Screen full blind distance increased
- Snakebite equip time decreased from 1.1 to 0.8
- Blindside flash activation time decreased from 0.8 to 0.6
- Blindside flash duration increased from 1.1 to 1.5
- Gatecrash is now replenished every 35 seconds
- Gatecrash fragment lifetime increased from 20 seconds to 30 seconds
- Gatecrash fragment reveal range decreased from 7m to 4m
- Dimensional Drift Ult Points reduced from 7 to 6
- Gatecrash can now be reactivated during Dimensional Drift
- Nanoswarm grenades that were deployed but unused can now be picked up during a buy phase to get the charge back
- Primary fire bullet speed decreased from 3.4 to 2.6
- Alt-fire spread decreased from 3.4 to 2.0
- Shots from 0-8m are 20dmg per bullet
- Shots from 8-12m are 12dmg per bullet
- Shots beyond 12m are 9dmg per bullet
- Alt-fire pellet amount reduced from 15 to 5
Head Related Transfer Function (HRTF)
- Added an toggle in Audio settings to enable HRTF, allowing players wearing headphones to experience simulated 360 degree surround sound
- A player's Act Rank, Match History, and other information can now be viewed from the Leaderboard
- For players who don't want their stats visible on the Leaderboard, they can label themselves a "Secret Agent"
- Raze's Showstopper now comes with two Blast Pack charges that refill when she touches the ground
- Snowball Launcher now comes with Skates for increased mobility
- Big Knife now comes with one Tailwind (Jett Dash) charge that refills on kill
Valorant Patch Update 2.06 is now live. The full Patch Notes with bug fixes can be viewed here.