Valorant Patch 5.0 has been revealed a bit early as Riot Games is gearing up to release Act 1 of the competitive tactical shooter's fifth Episode.
In addition to the debut of the game's newest map in Pearl, Riot scheduled a brand-new Rank tier, map pool changes and plenty of other key changes to drop with its next major update. Here's a breakdown of the 5.0 patch notes for Valorant Episode 5 Act 1, per Riot Games.
Valorant Patch Notes 5.0: Full List
- NEW MAP: Pearl goes live!
- Pearl-only queue: This queue is a standard, Unrated mode that will give players a chance to practice the new map before they see it in Competitive play.
Pearl-only queue will be available for 2 weeks, then after that Pearl will enter Competitive.
- We are temporarily removing Split from the map pool in Unrated and Competitive queues.
New Rank: Ascendant
We believe our lower ranks have a few too many of you, especially Bronze and Silver. When we were looking at rank distribution, we realized that if we were to move some of you up and out of those lower ranks, it would overpopulate Platinum and Diamond. So by adding a new rank we can better distribute you across ranks, keep the prestige of high ranks, while helping better define the skill level of each rank.- Jeff Landa, Riot Games Comms Strategist
- Added an additional rank above Diamond, below Immortal, called "Ascendant."
- Moved the rank MMR targets that determine rank down, due to the addition of the new Ascendant rank, for all ranks below Ascendant. Moved the ranked target for Immortal 1/2/3 and Radiant up.
- This means players will go up in rank, if they are below Ascendant.
- Grouping restrictions for Ascendant are 3 ranks above or below the Ascendant ranked player. This fits in with our Platinum+ rule set for grouping.
- The highest placement allowed has increased to Ascendant 1 (previously Diamond 1).
- Five stacking 25% RR penalty now starts at Immortal 1 (previously Diamond 3).
- Solo/Duo/5-stack restriction now starts at Immortal 1 (previously Diamond 3).
- Due to a naming clash with the new rank, we’ve renamed Sage’s tier 8 Agent Contract unlock — the new Sage title is "Dauntless."
- Fixed a bug on Haven that was preventing players from using their spray on a wall in A Garden.
- Fixed a bug where Jett could equip a weapon during Tailwind.
- Fixed a bug where Agents revealed by Sova’s Recon Bolt or Fade’s Haunt would sometimes briefly appear in an incorrect location on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug where the scope visual effect would sometimes disappear when aiming with Chamber’s Tour De Force.
- Fixed a bug where using an Ultimate point orb or defusing the Spike at maximum range could cause channeling and progress bar animations to flicker.
- Fixed a bug where the use channeling progression bar does not update if the player disconnects and reconnects during the match.
- Fixed a bug where some weapon equips could play the wrong equip speed animation, which could visually misrepresent when you were able to fire.
For more on Valorant, be sure to check out our 2022 VCT Stage 1: Masters Reykjavík content:
- Valorant Pros Share Their Go-To Buys for Pistol Rounds
- Valorant Pros Settle the Vandal vs. Phantom Debate
- VCT Pros Explain What the Best Map is in Valorant
- VCT Pros Reveal What the Worst Map is in Valorant