Fans excited for the start of NBA 2K24 Season 2 do not have to wait much longer.
NBA 2K24 launched just over a month ago and won over basketball fans across the globe. Despite the game’s drawbacks, like the shooting lag in Park or the abundance of microtransactions, the overall graphics, gameplay, and MyCAREER experience mark the game as a success.
As NBA 2K24 Season 1 comes to a close, fans are already anticipating the new rewards and features coming in Season 2. So, when can fans expect the new season to drop?
When Does NBA 2K24 Season 2 Start?
NBA 2K24 Season 2 starts on Friday, Oct. 20 at 11 a.m. ET. The update will simply replace Season 1 and usher players into the next phase of NBA 2K24.
Fans will be able to earn rewards from the new Season Pass and Pro Pass, including Player Cards, clothing items, MyTEAM coins, and VC. Plus, new Season 2 episodes of 2KTV will include even more free opportunities for fans to score some free VC just by answering trivia questions.
NBA 2K24 Season 2 Patch Notes Explained
The NBA 2K24 Season 2 patch notes detail the upcoming gameplay changes coming in the next major update. Check out the full list of gameplay changes below.
- Standing Meter Dunks will now properly use the Standing Dunk rating instead of Driving Dunk to determine the green window size.
- Dunk meter logic has been updated to make the window size better reflect dunk difficulty.
- Fixed an issue in the on-ball steal system that forced the ball to yo-yo back to the previous ball hand midway through a crossover or behind back move.
- Improved foot planting to reduce unwanted out of bounds violations when shooting near the sidelines.
- When blockers jump early and land on ball handlers or shooters, fouls will now be called 100% of the time.
- Better shot coverage detection for OPEN vs. WIDE OPEN.
- Slight buff to close shots, wide open jump shots, and Limitless Range badge.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to double dribble by alley-oop/fake passing to no one in 1v1 games.
- Removed pass interceptions on Right Stick UP as it was being abused for easy steals with no risk.
- Updated Adrenaline system to account for successfully stopping post moves and no longer consume boosts when driving directly toward the rim.
- Fixed a minor aesthetic issue with Klay Thompson’s jump shot.
- Addressed a rare issue in which the ball can get stuck on the stanchion.
- Changed the Heat Check and Recharge player indicator icons to only display when relevant.
- Limited the distance from which rebounds can branch to putbacks.
- Fixed an issue that was causing putbacks and mid-air jelly layups to be classified as covered even when no defenders were nearby.
- Improved the responsiveness of stopping when setting a screen.
- Updated "griefing" logic to differentiate good vs. bad full court shots and also account for players with high grades.
- Fixed "Excessive Violations Committed" event from firing off multiple times incorrectly, "Good Defensive Possession" incorrectly firing on free throws, "Lazy Defense" now includes camping out of bounds, and improved "Bad Timeout" logic for Teammate Grade.
- Addressed a rare issue preventing players from being able to break out of a certain pass animation.
For more on NBA 2K24, feel free to check out: