In Pokémon GO Special Research quests are usually reserved for catching legendary Pokémon. One of the legendary Pokémon locked behind a Special Research task is Jirachi. Here is a quick guide to the Special Research quest A Thousand Year Slumber so you can catch Jirachi.
A Thousand Year Slumber Guide Pokémon GO
In order to capture a Jirachi Pokémon GO trainers must complete all seven steps in the A Thousand Year Slumber questline. Some of the steps will take longer than others but it will take some dedication to obtain the legendary Jirachi.
- Make three new friends
- Catch 25 Pokémon
- Spin ten Pokéstops or Gyms
- Evolve a Feebas
- Earn a Gold Hoenn Medal by capturing 90 Pokémon from the Hoenn region
- Catch three Whismurs
- Earn three candies walking with your Buddy Pokémon
- Get three Great Throws in a row
- Take a picture of Loudred
- Send ten gifts to your friends
- Power up any Pokémon ten times
- Catch either 50 Psychic or Steel-type Pokémon
- Beat the same trainer seven times
- Win five raids
- Battle the same team leader three times
- Spin a Pokéstop every day for a week
- Take five pictures of Psychic or Steel-type Pokémon
- Make three Excellent Curveball Throws
The last step will be easy players will just have to claim the rewards they worked hard for. After completing A Thousand Year Slumber questline you will earn not only a Jirachi encounter but a Jirachi t-shirt and 20 Jirachi candies. A total of 13,500 EXP will also be rewarded for your dedication.