Apex Legends Defiance patch notes dropped on Monday, a day before the launch of the new season. And while the community is excited for the new map changes and system adjustments, the focus is always on Legend and weapon buffs and nerfs.
The game will always come down to the meta, and the earlier the player base can understand the changes, the better chance they'll succeed. Make sure to check out our patch notes breakdown for every other addition to the game.
Apex Legends Defiance Patch Notes: All Weapon Buffs and Nerfs
There are a few staples when it comes to Apex Legends weapons. The R-301 is always going to be a staple, and someone, somewhere is using a Wingman. Here are all the planned changes for Apex Legends Defiance.
Apex Legends Defiance Weapon Buffs
- Damage increased from 15 to 17
- Max mag size increased from 28 to 30
The Volt is replacing the Alternator SMG in the Supply Drop, making the buff rather predictable.
These next buffs are connected to the Hop-Up changes to Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
Hammerpoint Rounds - P2020, Mozambique & RE-45
- P2020 - +50% unshielded damage
- Mozambique - +35% unshielded damage
- RE-45 - +35% unshielded damage
Kinetic Feeder - Triple Take & Peacekeeper
Sliding with the Triple Take or Peacekeeper significantly speeds up choke time and automatically reloads rounds.
Apex Legends Defiance Weapon Nerfs
- Removed disruptor rounds hop-up
No surprise here as the Alternator has returned to the ground loot table.
- Removing projectile growth from bullets
- Damage reduced from 23 to 21 per bullet
Despite the addition to the Kinetic Feeder, Respawn believes the Triple Take is too powerful and needs a slight tweak.
- Damage reduced from 19 to 18 per bullet
Rampage LMG (Hotfix)
- Rampage damage reduced from 28 to 26
- Reduced number of shots during the Revved state from ~40 to ~34
This was already added to the game when Respawn fixed the Rampage and Sentinel bug. The developer simply wanted to remind players of the change.
This next nerf is connected to the Hop-Up changes to Shatter Caps.
Shatter Caps - 30-30 Repeater & Bocek Bow
- Passively affects hip-fire for both weapons
- ADS remains a precision shot
- No longer able to toggle on/off
- 30-30 pellet damage reduced from 8 to 7
- Bow pellet damage reduced 12 to 11