Apex Legends Leaked Characters Receive Ability Updates
Plenty of unreleased Apex Legends characters have been discovered in the game's files, and many have already been paired with abilities. Though many remain unconfirmed, their abilities in the game files have changed in the latest update to the game.
Here are all the ability changes as of Apex Legends' Patch 3.1, according to Apex Legends data miner RealApexLeaks.
Rosie's abilities remain loot-focused, but her passive has been refined slightly so that she can no longer open hidden compartments in loot bins.
- Eye for Quality: Loba (Rosie) can see nearby loot through walls.
- Supply for Demand: Hold (button) to choose a type of loot. Reveal that type of loot in the area through walls.
- Burglar's Best Friend: Throw a disc and teleport to that location.
- Black Market Boutique: Place a device that can steal all nearby loot.
Many fans believe Revenant will be the next character to arrive in Apex Legends. The character has already appeared briefly in the Shadowfall limited-time mode, but has yet to be made playable.
Revenant's nickname in the files has changed from Nightmare Simulacrum to Synthetic Nightmare, and its Shadow Form ability has been replaced with one called Silence.
- Silence: Throw a device that disables enemy abilities for 10 seconds.
- Mark for Death: Fire a poison dagger. Press again to reveal the target's location for up to 60 seconds. The mark is removed if the target heals to full.
- Poison Bomb: Launch a poison bomb. Damages and slows targets hit.
- (Passive) Death Stalker: You crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.
Rampart made their second appearance in the alleged Apex Legends design document that leaked online in February. Their kit appears to break the standard tactical, ultimate and passive ability paradigm.
The changes to their kit make their Amped Cover block incoming shots and boost the damage of outgoing shots. Their My Friend Maxim ability has been replaced with Emplaced HMG, but the ability itself seems to function similarly.
- Amped Cover: Build cover with an upper barrier that blocks incoming shots and boosts the damage of outgoing shots.
- Emplaced HMG: Place a mounted machine gun that anyone can use. High ammo capacity, long reload times.
- Fixer: Swapping to melee equips a wrench players can use to repair structures.
- Cover Fire: Firing from the Amped Cover overcharges your weapon damage.
- Gunner: Machine guns have increased magazine capacity and reload faster.
Husaria remains mysterious, but their kit appears to focus on breaching buildings. Their Shotgun Kick now provides a speed boost.
- Passive: Shotgun Kick — You have a shotgun on your leg that fires when you melee doors or enemies. Requires shotgun ammo. Using your abilities grants you a brief speed boost.
- Tactical: Flashbang — Throw a grenade that briefly blinds and deafens opponents
- Ultimate: Concussive Breaching Charge — Plant a breaching charge that fires a sonic wave through walls to destroy traps, force open doors and disorient enemies.
Downfall is a fire-based character that seems inspired by militant revolutionaries. Their Reign of Fire can now be triggered early to drop mines instead of bombs and they've gained a Fire Walker ability that extinguishes fires.
- Passive: Burning Anger — Dealing damage builds rage. Filling your rage meter makes you immune to fire for 20 seconds.
- Tactical: Fire Sale — Drop a box of four Molotov cocktails anyone in your squad can pick up and throw.
- Ultimate: Reign of Fire — Fire a rocket propelled fire bomb. Press (button) to air burst the bomb and drop fire mines.
- Fire Walker — You automatically extinguish fire by walking through it. Burning teammates will be extinguished when they move close to you.
Valk may have received the most complete overhaul, with all their abilities changing completely.
- Cluster Missile — Fire a rocket that explodes multiple times.
- Skyward — Press once to prepare for launch. Teammates can interact with Valk to join the launch. Press again to launch into the air and skydive.
- VTOL Jets — Hold jump to initiate VTOL Jets.
Some of the characters data miners have discovered in Apex Legends' files received no changes to their kits. For the full list of leaked Legends, head here.
Photo courtesy of Respawn Entertainment/Electronic Arts