The new update for Apex Legends - Season Eight: Mayhem - is set to arrive Feb. 2 this year, and with it, a bunch of new changes. Several of which have already been confirmed. While patch notes are not expected to be one hundred percent certain until closer to the day, here are just a few things that we know so far:
Perhaps as a relief to most, a ton of bug fixes arrive alongside all the fun of season eight including:
- Heirloom store not showing all Heirlooms
- Players told they are buying Gibraltar’s Heirloom when buying Caustic’s Heirloom
- Legend skins for Mirage and Bangalore affecting aim down sights
- Errors relating to private matches
- Players can’t hear each other in cross-play lobbies
Perhaps one of the most well-known changes is to King's Canyon. With the explosive introduction of the new Legend, Fuse, the trailer showed very clearly just how quickly the map can transform. Or in this case, blow up.
As usual, several of the Legends are getting nerfs and buffs in the upcoming season. While it seems that Fuse is certainly getting his debut, he is not the only one that is bringing something new to the game. Here are just a few updates that we know of:
- Balancing a legend so that they are not over or under - performing is tough, and seems to be more so with Wattson. Respawn are looking more into making her more fun, without a huge impact on her powerbase.
- With Horizon still overperforming despite previous nerfs (such as to her Gravity Lift), Respawn are looking at nerfs to her tactical ability, but have not yet committed to anything.
- Used to under-performance, Respawn have confirmed that Rampart will be getting a buff to her tactical - including adding 45 health to her Amped Cover.
While Apex is obviously bringing in new weapons with the introduction of Fuse, there is another level to this with the launch of the Gold Magazines. While skill and choice of weapon certainly have a large hand in how your game goes, the new Gold Magazines are definitely going to have an impact. The Gold Magazine will automatically reload holstered weapon, and has a 5.5 second delay.
While this might not a be complete list of everything we can expect in season eight, it is no less exciting. Respawn have certainly promised big things with Mayhem (the name speaks for itself), and it's not long now until we know whether or not they delivered.