Looking to play as Jim in Back 4 Blood? Here's how you can maximize his potential.
A natural when it comes to the outdoors, hunting and scouting, Jim's skillset is worth twofold since he's also the most knowledgeable of the Cleaners when it comes to Finleyville and the surrounding county. After a stint in the military, Jim returned to his hometown to find it destroyed by the Collapse, now finding his place among the Cleaners to help rout out the Ridden infestation.
One of the four Cleaners players can unlock down the line, here's a breakdown for those looking to play as Jim in Back 4 Blood.
Back 4 Blood Jim Guide: Best Weapons and Cards
As far as his "signature" weapon goes, Jim starts off by default with the 357 Magnum, a double-action revolver sidearm. While whether or not you choose to use the revolver as a secondary is up to you, just make sure you're not pulling from the same ammo for both of your guns, as usual. The 357 Magnum is one that requires players to make every bullet count as well as uses rifle ammo, which leads to what role this Cleaner ultimately is designed to play — the sniper. We'd recommend going with the hardest-hitting, precision options for his primary (e.g. the M1A, Phoenix 350L or the Barrett M95) since he'll be leaned on by his squads to prioritize taking out special Ridden that pop up.
Best Cards for Jim in Back 4 Blood
In a game revolving around the ultimate goal of simply staying alive, Jim isn't as much of an essential pick as those such as Mom, but does make for a niche Cleaner for those looking to switch it up or play that calm, collected marksman playstyle. With his built-in damage multiplier boosted by precision kills, +25% Aim Down Sights Speed and +10% Team Weakspot Damage, Jim's playstyle is pretty straightforward.
As such, we would opt for a lot of the offense, utility and mobility Reflex, Discipline, Brawn and Fortune cards to further help him stay focused on getting long-range head shots, and rewarded for those efforts:
- Ridden Slayer: +20% weak spot damage
- Reckless Strategy: +30% weak spot damage; -5% damage resistance
- Hyper Focused: +50% weak spot damage; -75% ADS move speed
- Pep In Your Step: +10% movement speed for five seconds after a precision kill
- Controlled Movement: +40% movement speed when aiming down sights with sniper rifles
- In The Zone: Precision kills grant +5% reload speed for five seconds (stacks up to 10 times)
- Broadside: Precision kills have a 20% chance to cause Ridden to explode, dealing 15 damage to other nearby enemies
- Sadistic: Gain +5% weak spot damage for each precision kill in the last 10 seconds
- Shredder: Each bullet hit causes the target to take +1% increased damage for three seconds; stacks up to 15%
- Confident Killer: When you or a teammate kills a Mutation, gain +1% damage (stacks up to 15% until the end of the level
- Overwatch: Kills from greater than 15 meters grant +5 temporary health to teammates within 10 meters of the target
- Hunker Down: While crouching, gain +10% damage resistance and +40% accuracy
- Ammo Pouch: +25% ammo capacity
- Stock Pouch: +30% sniper ammo capacity and +10% damage with sniper rifles
- Front Sight Focus: +20% accuracy
- Superior Cardio: +20% stamina, +20% sprint efficiency and +5 health
- Run Like Hell: +15% movement speed; when you take damage, accuracy is reduced by 20% for three seconds
- Ammo Pouch: +25% ammo capacity
- Combat Training: +5% bullet damage and +50% bullet penetration
- Large Caliber Rounds: +7.5% bullet damage, +100% bullet penetration and -20% stamina efficiency
Back 4 Blood is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC (via Microsoft Store, Steam and Epic Games Store).