Call of Duty: Warzone will officially relaunch as Warzone Caldera and will be a separate game from Warzone 2.
While it was originally thought that Call of Duty: Warzone would go offline for the arrival of Warzone 2, it appears that Activision has other plans for their 2020 battle royale. Players will have the choice between two different Warzone experiences and will be able to play through them separately.
For fans looking for more information on Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera, this article is for you. Here is everything we know about Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera.
Call of Duty Warzone to Relaunch as Warzone Caldera
Activision has gone on record in an official statement that while Warzone 2's progress will be linked to Modern Warfare 2, Warzone Caldera will exist as a separate game. The official statement reads that the following features will be available in Warzone Caldera:
- Player progression, cross-progression for XP and Weapon XP, inventories, Battle Pass content, weapons, Store Bundles, and other purchases from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® (2019), Call of Duty®: Warzone™, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard will be accessible only within Warzone Caldera (and within their respective games).
- Expect to access a standard Battle Royale Playlist.
- Modern Warfare II or Warzone 2.0 content, including new Battle Pass and Store Bundles, will not be available.
- 2XP and 2WXP Tokens will not be transferrable between Warzone Caldera and Warzone 2.0.
- While Warzone Caldera won't have an in-game store, COD Points will be transferrable between all games.
- Rebirth Island and Fortune’s Keep maps will not be present when Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera becomes available to play.
- For those fans of small Battle Royale maps, expect exciting developments in Warzone 2.0 during future seasons.
Warzone 1 will go down on Nov. 16, the same day that Warzone 2 releases. It will be offline until Nov. 28 when it officially relaunches as Warzone Caldera.
For more Call of Duty news, feel free to read the articles down below.