Dead by Daylight 6.1.0 Patch Notes: Gameplay, Perks, Progression
- "Tome 12: DISCORDANCE" of The Archives (starts July 20th 11AM ET)
- Added five maze tiles to the pool in the McMillan Estate map
- Generators take 90 seconds for a single survivor to repair (was 80 seconds)
- Killers kicking a generator now immediately cause a 2.5% loss of progress in addition to starting regression
- Bloodlust trigger times have been reduced to 15 seconds for Tier 1, 25 seconds for Tier 2, and 35 seconds for Tier 3 (was 15 seconds, 30 seconds, and 45 seconds)
- The following Killer actions have been sped up by 10%: Cooldown time after a successful hit has been reduced to 2.7 seconds (was 3 seconds) / Time to kick a generator has been reduced to 1.8 seconds (was 2 seconds) / Time to kick a pallet or wall has been reduced to 2.34 seconds (was 2.6 seconds)
- Duration of the Survivor speed boost when hit has been reduced to 1.8 seconds (was 2 seconds)
- Survivors now have a modified version of Borrowed Time as a baseline ability, no perk required: Unhooked Survivors now get a 7% movement speed bonus and Endurance for 5 seconds / The speed bonus and Endurance effect are removed if the Survivor performs a Conspicuous Action
- Endurance status effect is now canceled by Conspicuous Actions
- Endurance does not prevent a Survivor from entering the dying state if they are inflicted with Deep Wound
Barbecue and Chili
- Removed Bloodpoint bonus
- Added: Corrupt Intervention deactivates when any Survivor enters the dying state.
- Note: The perk still deactivates after 2 minutes if no Survivor has entered the dying state.
- Added: Healing Skill Checks move 50% faster for Survivors under the effect of this perk.
- Now triggers when a Survivor loses a health state by any means (was just basic attacks)
- Increased Generator reduction when a Survivor enters the dying state to 10% (was 6%)
- Increased duration of Incapacitated status effect to 15/20/25 seconds (was 12/14/16 seconds)
Hex: No One Escapes Death
- Added: Once the Hex's effect is revealed to the Survivors, its Hex Totem's aura is shown to the Survivors at a range of 4 meters. This range increases steadily over the next 30 seconds to 24 meters.
- Added: Once any Survivor is killed by any means, the Hex: Ruin Totem reverts to a Dull Totem.
- While a generator is not being repaired by a Survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress repair progress at 50%/75%/100% of the normal regression speed.
- Removed the cooldown
- Added: Recovery speed is reduced by 25% for Survivors under the effect of this perk.
- Added: Any time a Survivor's aura is shown for a period of time, its duration is increased by 2 seconds.
- Note: The new effect applies to the duration of the normal Lethal Pursuer effect, which means it effectively reveals survivors for 9/10/11 seconds at the start of the match.
- Reworked: This perk is now Scourge Hook: Monstrous Shrine
- Scourge Hooks grant 10/15/20% faster Entity progression if the Killer is not within 24 meters. Basement hooks count as Scourge Hooks.
- Added: After Overcharge is applied to a generator, its regression speed increases from 75% of normal to 200% of normal over the next 30 seconds.
Pop Goes the Weasel
- Changed regression to be 20% of current progress (was 25% of total)
- Note: This is calculated after the new baseline regression when kicking a generator.
Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain
- Increased Healing and Repairing speed penalty to 10/13/16% (was 7/8/9%)
Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance
- Removed scream effect on Survivors repairing the exploding generator, generator will spark to show regression
- Increased individual penalties for repairing, sabotaging, and Totem cleansing to 4.5/5/5.5% (was 4/4.5/5%)
- Increased maximum penalty to 18/20/22% (was 16/18/20%)
- Added: This effect can only be triggered once on each generator.
- Reworked to account for the baseline version of the effect
- Survivors you unhook keep their Endurance status effect for an extra 6/8/10 seconds and their movement speed bonus for an extra 10 seconds.
- Increased healing speed bonus to 30/40/50% (was 11/22/33%)
- Changed Medkit efficiency bonus to a -20% efficiency penalty (was +10/20/30%)
- Increased chance to avoid alerting crows to 100% (was 80/90/100%)
- Added: Allows you to open chests and cleanse/bless totems silently, but at 40/35/30% reduced speed.
- Reworked: Each time a generator is completed, Dark Sense activates. While Dark Sense is active, the Killer entering a 24-meter radius around you reveals their aura for 5/7/10 seconds. Once the aura's duration expires, Dark Sense deactivates.
- Note: The effect triggers if the Killer is already within 24 meters when the perk is activated.
- Removed the dash/dodge element of the perk.
- Activating Dead Hard now grants the Survivor Endurance for 0.5 seconds
- An animation plays when activated so Killers can see when the perk is used without the Survivor being hit
- Added: The perk and its effects are disabled if the exit gates are powered.
- The perk is now disabled when the Survivor performs a Conspicuous Action (Defined earlier in the patch notes under the Gameplay section)
- Stun duration is now 3s down from 5s
- Added: Gain a 5% repair speed bonus on the generators revealed by Déjà Vu.
- Reduced the starting tokens to 3 (was 4)
- Removed stipulation preventing the perk from activating when in a Killer Trap
- Added: Regain a token for each 30 seconds spent inside the Killer's Terror Radius. Distortion may not have more than 3 tokens.
- Added: Audio cue when a token is used
- Removed time limit.
- Removed the distance restriction on seeing the Scratch Marks of other Survivors (was 32 meters)
- Reduced the grunts of pain volume reduction to 25/50/75% (was 50/75/100%)
- Added: Does not function while Exhausted. Does not inflict Exhausted.
- Increased reduction of scratch mark duration to 3/4/5 seconds (was 1/2/3 seconds)
- Added: Your scratch marks are spaced inconsistently.
- Added: For each 1 second spent healing another Survivor, increase Lucky Break'sduration by 1 second. Lucky Break'sduration cannot increase beyond its starting value.
No One Left Behind
- Now triggers when the Exit Gates are powered (was triggered when an Exit Gate was opened)
- Added: When unhooking a Survivor, they gain a 7%movement bonus for 10 seconds.
Off the Record
- Added: Once you are unhooked or escape from the hook, Off the Record activates for 60/70/80 seconds.
- Added: Gain the Endurance status effect.
- Added: Off The Record is disabled when the exit gates are powered.
- Increased repair speed buff to 6/7/8% (was 4/5/6%)
- Added: This bonus is doubled if you cleanse an Hex totem.
- Now guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit in every chest (was just the first chest opened), when injured
- Scourge Hooks now have a yellow aura when a Survivor is being carried.
- Reduced the self heal speed to 25/30/35% (was 50%)
- Removed Med-Kit efficiency bonus
- Added: When you're the last Survivor alive, gain 75% action speed when repairing generators and 50% action speed while opening an exit gate or the Hatch.
- Reworked: Get notified when the Killer is within a 36-meter range. If the Killer is within range and is looking at you with a clear line of sight, your speed while repairing, sabotaging, healing, unhooking, cleansing, blessing, opening exit gates and unlocking is increased by 2%/4%/6%. The effects of Spine Chill linger for 0.5 seconds after the Killer looks away or is out of range. Spine Chill's icon indicates the strength of the Killer's Terror Radius.
- Added: Grunts of pain while in the dying state have their volume reduced by 75%.
We're Gonna Live Forever
- Reworked: When healing another Survivor in the dying state, your healing speed is increased by 100%. Additionally, performing any of the following actions activates this perk's secondary function: Perform a Safe Hook Rescue, Take a hit to protect a Survivor, Rescue a Survivor by stunning the Killer with a pallet, Rescue a Survivor by blinding the Killer with a Flashlight. When this perk's secondary function is active, healing another Survivor out of the dying state grants them Endurance for 6/8/10 seconds and deactivates the secondary function.
- The Progression and Prestige systems have been reworked
- IMPORTANT: No existing perks, items, or cosmetics will be lost if they are already unlocked on a character, even if having them would contradict the rules of the new system.
- Global Bloodpoint soft-cap has been raised to 2,000,000 (was 1,000,000)
- Bloodpoint Categories maximum raised to 10,000 (was 8,000)
- Prestiging no longer removes any items, add-ons, offerings, perks, or perk slots
- Teachable Perks have been removed from the Bloodweb
- Level 51 in the Bloodweb requires the character to Prestige, costing 20,000 Bloodpoints
- Characters can now each be prestiged up to 100 times
- Prestiging a character has the following rewards:
- Prestige 1: The character's perks are immediately unlocked for use on all other Killers / Survivors at Tier 1
- Prestige 2: The character's perks are immediately unlocked for use on all other Killers / Survivors at Tier 2
- Prestige 3: The character's perks are immediately unlocked for use on all other Killers / Survivors at Tier 3
- Prestige 4-6: Bloodied cosmetic items (when available for the specific character)
- Prestige 7-9: Perk Charms for the character's perks
- Existing players will have their characters granted prestige levels in the new system based on the following:
- +2 additional levels per existing Prestige level
- Example: A Prestige 1 character will receive +2 levels, resulting in being Prestige 3 in the new system
- If the character has 70 or more Perks unlocked (Counting each tier of a perk separately): +1 level for 70-119 Perks / +2 levels for 120-169 Perks / +3 levels for 170-219 Perks
/ +4 levels for 220-269 Perks / +5 levels for 270-319 Perks / +6 levels for 320+ Perks
- Prestige 9 is the highest level a character can be when transferring to the new system, even if the above rules say they should be higher
- Existing unlocked Teachable Perks will immediately grant access to Tier 1 of that Perk on all characters if no other mechanic has already granted access to the Perk
- Added unique Prestige Crest artwork for each prestige level
- Characters who are already at Prestige 3 on the old system will unlock a Bloody Prestige Portrait on the character selection screen
For more on the Mid-Chapter update, from Shrine of Secrets to Bug Fixes, feel free to check out the rest of the 6.1.0. patch notes.