How to Fix to Apex Legends High CPU Bug
Whether the problem is due to poor optimization or other factors in the release, the high CPU usage rates have caused the game to have major problems, which will likely end in a game crash. CPU usage rates for some players have been reaching abnormal highs of 90-100% as the community tries to figure out ways to alleviate the problem.
Here are some things to try to at least try and fix the problem on a player's end until developers issue a fix:
- Restarts on the game or computer
- Run the game as administrator
- Clear Origins cache
- Repair the game files of Apex Legends
- Reinstall the game completely
There has been a thread on the EA comment boards that players are talking about on this issue, and some players are suggesting that it does fix the problem, though it is not guaranteed that it will completely get rid of the bug nor that it will work.
Community method as of lately:
- Open Origin or Steam
- Open Task Manager
- Right-click on Origin or Steam (depending on what the player is using to launch the game) and click "Go to details"
- Right-click on Origin/Steam
- Click on Set affinity
- Uncheck all of the processors according to the player's CPU cores
- Check cpu 0 and the last highest core available or just check the last highest core available
Users on Reddit are also speculating that there is "spaghetti code" - unmaintainable strings of code - that is launching in the lobby which is causing the high usage rates.
Unfortunately, there have been no fixes from Respawn Entertainment's side nor any announcements by the studio on when or if they will fix it anytime soon. It may be best at the moment to go through some old-fashioned and generic methods to do so.