The League of Legends Patch 12.1 notes have been released. Included in the notes are new skins, champion nerfs and buffs, the teleport nerf and item reworks. As season 12 begins on Jan. 7, 2022, players will be introduced to these new updates along with the new season.
This month, League of Legends players will be running into a few new changes to the game including the start of Season 12, the changes that will be coming with Patch 12.1 and the introduction of a new champion. Riot Games had mentioned that they wanted to release two new champions at the end of the year, but had to move the release dates later.
League of Legends Patch 12.1 Notes Released
In the patch notes, the release date for two new skins have been included as well. Elderwood Gnar and Rek'Sai will be available in the shop starting on Jan. 6. Along with the new skins, Riot has updated visuals on ranked borders and have also created ranked crests.
Here is a quick overview on the changes that will be made at the start of League of Legends Season 12.
1. Champion Nerfs
- Sona: Armor growth has reduced from 3.3 to 3, and Sona's E cooldown has increased from 12 seconds to 14 seconds.
- Rek'Sai: Unburrowed E's base damage has been adjusted, and Rek'Sai's burrowed E cooldown has increased.
2. Champion Buffs
- Diana: Passive AP ratio increased from 40% to 50% and monster damage ratio increased from 250% to 300%.
- Gangplank: = Q mana cost reduced and cooldown reduced.
3. Item Reworks
- Eclipse: Eclipse will be getting nerfed causing the cooldown to increase by two seconds.
- Force of Nature: Force of Nature will be buffed raising magic damage reduction from 20% to 25%.
- Immortal Shieldbow: Shieldbow will finally be receiving a nerf. Attack damage will go down from 55 to 50 and the Lifeline Shield will be reduced to 275-650 (based on level).
- Wit's End: New buildpath and will be reduced to 40 magic resist rather than 50.
4. Teleport Nerf
Teleport will be nerfed at the beginning of Season 12. For the first 14 minutes, players can only teleport to ally towers. After the 14 minute mark, champions can unlock Unleashed Teleport allowing the champion to teleport to ally structures, traps, minions, etc.
5. New Ranked Crests and Visuals
Riot has visually update the game and created new borders and crests for ranked players. Ranked armor has also officially changed to ranked crests. These ranked crests will have different VFX in lobby.