Looking for the best Shot Meter Settings in NBA 2K23? Look no further.
In NBA 2K23, using the shot meter is actually perhaps more viable than it has been in recent years, with there said to be a total of 20 different bars to choose from once all of the Seasons have come and gone. For those looking to green shots more consistently, here are the best Shot Meter Settings to use in NBA 2K23 on Current and Next Gen.
NBA 2K23 Best Shot Meter Settings: Current and Next Gen
First and foremost, it's important to establish that although there is still a boost given for turning off the shot meter, it appears gameplay director Mike "Beluba" Wang and the developer team are pushing for more players to keep it on.
Not only is this because they went out of there way to give players a wide variety of different bars to choose from, but also NBA2KLab confirmed in their testing that shooting with no meter doesn't have as much of boost as much as it did in recent 2K's.
As such, for those who do prefer shooting with a meter on, it appears this is especially your year.
Now for the Shot Meter Settings, it does not appear that you can change the color of your bar this year. However, that doesn't seem like much of a loss considering the other aforementioned wins for Shot Meter users.
As such, the one and only adjustment to make in your Controller Settings will be the Shot Meter Setting itself:
- On: The Shot Meter is on for all shots, regardless of input.
- Off: The Shot Meter is off for all shots, regardless of input.
- Free Throw Only: The Shot Meter is only on for free throws, regardless of input.
- Shot Button Only: The Shot Meter is on for all shots taken while using the Square/X button.
- Pro Stick Only: The Shot Meter is on for all shots taken while using the Pro Stick.
After that's set up, feel free to choose which Jump Shot Meter you want to use in the Animations screen.
By default, the meter will be set to Comet (High), however, there are different bars of all shapes, sizes and locations to choose from.
This, of course, come down to preference, but Curved Bar (Side) and Funnel (Over), which is the Season 1 Level 3 reward, certainly seem like good options.
For more on NBA 2K23, feel free to check out:
- NBA 2K23 MyCareer Best Jump Shot: Current Gen and Next Gen
- NBA 2K23 Music Trivia: Erick's Vinyl Answers
- How to Take Your Shirt Off in NBA 2K23: Current and Next Gen
- How to Unlock Gym Rat in NBA 2K23: Current and Next Gen
- NBA 2K23 Legend Requirements: Current and Next Gen
- How to Unlock Rebirth in NBA 2K23: Current and Next Gen