In NBA 2K23 MyCAREER, players will eventually be tasked with some side quests at Erick's Vinyl to answer some miscellaneous Music Trivia questions for store manager Marvin Castleberry.
For those nervous about getting grilled with the questions, here's a guide for all the answers to the Music Trivia questions in NBA 2K23 MyCAREER.
NBA 2K23 Music Trivia: Erick's Vinyl Answers
Aside from the "It's a Cole World" main questline, the Music Trivia questions in NBA 2K23 are part of the recurring Personal Brand side questline, "Music Trivia," which players receive a bit into the Next Gen MyCAREER mode.
The way the Music Trivia works is Marvin will ask the player a set of three questions that will always be ordered the same depending on what number of the quest they're doing.
Here are all of the known Music Trivia questions and answers known so far in NBA 2K23 MyCAREER:
Music Trivia 1
- "Truth Hurts" was a number one smash for which artist?: Lizzo
- Which group of rock royalty insists that they will rock you?: Queen
- In their hit 1992 track, which did Pete Rock and CL Smooth "do over you?": They reminisce over you
Music Trivia 2
- Which rapper won the MVP award in his first appearance at the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game in 2018?
- Kendrick Lamar, born Kendrick Duckworth, was featured on what 2015single by Taylor Swift, born Taylor Swift?
: Bad Blood
- Which single by rapper, singer, songwriter and producer, Missy ‘Misdemeanor’ Elliot, contains the lyrics "Ti esrever dna ti pilf"?
: Work It
Music Trivia 3
- In the popular television situation comedy "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," what was the name of the character played by Will Smith?: Will Smith
- Rapper Childish Gambino was a co-star in which television series?: Community
- Which Diana Ross classic was sampled on the seminal "Mo Money Mo Problems" by one Notorious B.I.G.?: I'm Coming Out
Music Trivia 4
- The single "Jumpman" by Drake and Future from their respectable mixtape "What a Time to Be Alive" is named after the logo inspired by which former basketball player?: Michael Jordan
- Nayvadius Wilburn is much better known by which alternative moniker?: Future
- In 1984, which time-honoured rapper and which soul legend collaborated on the classic and compelling song “Unity”?: Afrika and James Brown
Music Trivia 5
- Lauryn Hill, co-star of Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, a film within the greater Sister Act Cinematic Universe, was a member of which Hip Hop trio?: Fugees
- Public Enemy hype man and timepiece aficionado Flavor Flav attempted to find love on which reality program?: Flavor of Love
- In the year 1989, The D.O.C. opened his track "It’s Funky Enough" by asking which iconic question?: Y’all ready for this?
Music Trivia 6
- The track You Right is a collaboration between Doja Cat and which Canadian performer?
: The Weeknd
- An Ice Cube seminal classic, "It Was A Good Day," who did the Lakers beat?
- Lou Reed, John Cale, Sterling Morrison and Moe Tucker are better known as which group?
: The Velvet Underground
Music Trivia 7
- Back in the year 1994, what was it that Warren G and Nate Dogg needed to do?: Regulate
- A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul and the Jungle Brothers were collectively known by what nickname?: Native Tongues
- Which band’s sophomore album was named after a character in Giacomo Puccini’s opera, Madame Butterfly?: Weezer
Music Trivia 8
- According to the members of Run DMC, while Peter Piper picked peppers, Run did what?: Rocked Rhymes
- Which rock artist had a brother who was also a part of his band?: Eddie Van Halen
- Kim Gordon provided indefectible bass and vocal for what band of noise rock pioneers?: Sonic Youth
Music Trivia 9
- In Wu-Tang Clan’s ’94 hit, what is the title C.R.E.A.M. an acronym for?: Cash Rules Everything Around Me
- "SOS" by Rihanna sampled "Tainted Love" recorded by Soft Cell in 1981. But who recorded the original and far superior version of "Tainted Love"?: Gloria Jones
- Musician Frank Zappa’s band the Soul Giants became much more widely known after changing their name to what?: The Mothers of Invention
Music Trivia 10
- What was the nickname of jazz icon Louis Armstrong?: Stachmo
- How old was musical icon Stevie Wonder when he scored his first Billboard Hot 100 number one?:13
- Cool Jazz saxophonist Paul Desmond composed which standard made famous by the Dave Brubeck Quartet?: Take Five
For more on NBA 2K23, feel free to check out:
- How to Take Your Shirt Off in NBA 2K23: Current and Next Gen
- How to Unlock Gym Rat in NBA 2K23: Current and Next Gen
- NBA 2K23 Legend Requirements: Current and Next Gen
- How to Get Four Extra Badge Points in NBA 2K23 MyCAREER
- How to Unlock Rebirth in NBA 2K23: Current and Next Gen
- NBA 2K23 Daily Spin Location: How to Claim Prize Item