PlayStation fans have been waiting to get their hands on the PlayStation Portal since its launch on Nov. 15. On Dec. 15, we provided information on PlayStation Portal restockings for the holiday. Sony’s handheld was out of stock then, and many have had no luck finding a reasonably priced one ever since.
As of writing, the PlayStation Portal is still sold out at many retailers. Keep an eye on the websites below in case the device gets restocked.
PlayStation Portal Jan. 2024 Restock Information
Your best bet is to continuously check in with these eight retailers for the PlayStation Portal:
- Walmart: Walmart is currently the only store that carries the PlayStation Portal. The retailer sells the handheld for $360.85 instead of the original $199.99 price point. If you don’t want to spend that much on it, you’ll have to wait until it’s available at another retailer.
- PlayStation Direct: PlayStation Direct is the official site for buying the PlayStation Portal. Sony says they’re working on making more handhelds right now. They specifically state to check back in mid-January.
- Target: Target notifies users when items are in stock. You’ll need to create an account to activate the feature.
- Best Buy: Best Buy offers Best Buy Drops through their mobile app, which gives a heads-up on great deals and limited releases. You might get a notification about when the next PlayStation Portal restock happens. Best Buy had a reservation process available for the device, but the option is no longer there.
- Amazon: Be careful when shopping on Amazon. Third-party users sell the PlayStation Portal for double its original cost. Ensure you purchase from the official PlayStation store when the device is available.
- GameStop: GameStop also doesn’t have any PlayStation Portals for sale. You might want to keep track of GameStop since they offer pre-owned options for consoles.
- Newegg: Newegg states it doesn’t know when the PlayStation Portal will be restocked.
- Sam’s Club: Sam’s Club sells the PlayStation Portal, though it’s out of stock at this time. You must pay a $50 membership fee to shop at the store physically. You can shop at the Sam's Club website to avoid the fee, but then you’ll receive a 10% surcharge for online purchases as a non-member. A way to dodge both extra payments is to sign up for the 90-day free trial, shop with a member, or have somebody add you to their membership.
You can also use the X account Restock Tracker to get notifications about the latest PlayStation Portal restocks. Check out January’s PlayStation Plus games while you wait for the handheld to be available.