Neon Giant issued Patch 2 for The Ascent on Aug. 27 for those on Steam, targeting performance improvements across platforms, as well as plenty of bug fixes.
For those who access the game through the Windows 10 Store or play The Ascent on Xbox, Patch 2 is said to be currently going through the deployment process. Judging how The Ascent's Hotfix Patch 1 was initially deployed on Steam on July 29 before coming to Windows 10 Store and Xbox players on Aug. 4, it can be expected for Patch 2 to be doled out to all platforms in no more than two weeks maximum.
Below, we've broken down the changes that have found their way into The Ascent as of Aug. 27.
The Ascent Aug. 27 Patch Notes: Full List
Performance (PC Steam & Win10)
- DX12 is now the default for Windows Store players
- DX11 is now supported for Windows Store
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12, more work will continue here for future updates
- Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms
- Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
- Fixed a number of crashes in Single-player and Co-op
- Save Progress (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Skins could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Character Shirts could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Gear could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
- Fixed an issue where Clients could lose their save progress when fast travelling in certain circumstances
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2)
- Fixed an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ worked incorrectly
- Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
Achievements (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement "Added Extras"
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement "Aficionado"
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement "Helping Hand"
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement "Win"
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement "Fair Trade"
Translation (all platforms)
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Please note that we are still working on improving the quality of the translation in all languages
Other Fixes (all platforms)
- Multiple reported minor collision issues have been fixed
For more on The Ascent, feel free to check out our guide on how to beat the Megarachnoid spider boss.