As promised, after those in the community uncovered the stealth buff that Raven Software later confirmed as an "unintended" increase to both its base damage and location-based multipliers, the Vanguard PPSh-41 has been brought back in-line Thursday.
Feb. 24 Warzone Update Includes Promised PPSh-41 Nerf
Here are the official changes Raven have now made to the weapon:
- Neck Damage Multiplier increased to 1.3, up from 1.1
- Fixed an issue causing higher-than-intended Max/Mid/Min damage values for the PPSh-41 (VG)
Ultimately, while the bug making the Vanguard PPSh-41 hit much harder than usual has been stamped out, Raven did also buff its neck damage multiplier so perhaps not all is lost.
As discussed in our SMG tier list for Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific Season 2, stealth buff or not, the Vanguard PPSh-41 is still one of the best close-range options in the game thanks to it having a fire rate that is as good, if not better than a lot of the existing options, as well as a 71-bullet capacity mag.
Here are the rest of the patch notes Raven included in their Feb. 24 Warzone update:
- Updated Contract distribution in Battle Royale, Vanguard Royale, and Plunder modes to better favor Bounties.
- Gulag Loadout adjustments: Removed Stun Grenades. Added Gas Grenades, Medical Syringes, and Thermites.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to freeze during the early stages of a match.
- Fixed an issue causing certain Weapon Camos to unequip when backing out of the Weapons tab in the main menu.
- Fixed an issue causing infinite Nebula V Rounds to be applied to primary Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder images and descriptions to appear in various Store Bundles.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder descriptions to appear in various Operator, Weapon, and Camo Unlock Challenges.
- Fixed the rarity label on various Blueprints, Calling Cards, and Charms.
- Fixed an issue causing visual inconsistencies with some dynamic Weapon icons.
- Fixed an issue causing certain Store Bundles to unlock incorrect content.
- Fixed an issue causing Sleight of Hand to shorten reload animations on some Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect statistics and pros/cons to display for Assault Rifle Alpha (VG) Barrels.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect spelling and space in morse code subtitles.