NBA 2K22 Next Gen has been out for about two weeks, and early on, it seems as though outside-shooting bigs are definitely the way to go.
With shades of Dennis Rodman, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Anthony Davis said to be recognized in this build, it's one that is sure to be well worth the investment in both VC and in-game time to grind out. For those looking for a do-it-all archetype that will be able to get the job done in both 3v3 and 5v5 games, here is how to make the best big man build in NBA 2K22 Next Gen.
NBA 2K22 Next Gen Best Big Man Build: How to Make
- Position: Power Forward
- Height: 6'9"
- Weight: 237 lbs
- Wingspan: 7'4"
- Finishing: Close Shot 71, Driving Layup 70, Driving Dunk 83, Standing Dunk 90
- Shooting: Mid-Range Shot 65, Three-Point Shot 80, Free Throw 75
- Playmaking: Pass Accuracy 85, Ball Handle 57, Speed With Ball 65
- Defense/Rebounding: Interior Defense 88, Perimeter Defense 80, Steal 78, Block 88, Offensive Rebound 89, Defensive Rebound 91
- Physicals: Speed 72, Acceleration 69, Strength 69, Vertical 85, Stamina 80
Overall, this build is one that has no glaring weaknesses that could come back to haunt you other than its Height.
At 6'9", that is personally how short I'm comfortable with making a five, especially with 6'8" being a popular option for centers so far this year.
Ultimately though, we do think that 6'9" provides a great balance in allowing players to accomplish what they need to do to fill in the game's "meta role" for bigs in NBA 2K22 — protect the rim, set screens, get the boards, hit open shooters and knockdown threes. This Height also just makes it into the threshold that allows the build to be able to equip all of the jump shot animations in the game.
For more on NBA 2K22 MyCareer, feel free to check out our guide on the best big man jump shot to use.