To help kick off the fifth and final season of Call of Duty: Warzone, the developers have cooked up a new Community Event called Heroes vs. Villains.
As seen with previous seasonal events in Warzone, Heroes vs. Villains comes with its own subtle twist that shakes up play across all of the game's modes, as well as a collection of exclusive, limited-time rewards that can be earned for completing some challenges. Here's a breakdown of everything players need to know about the Heroes vs. Villains Community Event in Call of Duty: Warzone Season 5: Last Stand.
Warzone Season 5 Heroes vs. Villains Community Event: Faction Points
Fitting in with the season's theme of fighting for or against the future of Caldera, the Heroes vs. Villains event invites players to join one of the two sides and contribute to them via Faction Points.
Faction Points can be earned in all game modes through three main methods:
- Eliminating opponents and scavenging Supply Boxes to collect Hero or Villain Tokens
- Donating Hero or Villain Contributions at Buy Stations
- Defusing or detonating bombs in Operation: Last Call
The side that players contribute the most Faction Points to at any time during the festivities will be the side they're considered to be a part of.
Warzone Season 5 Heroes vs. Villains Community Event: Rewards
To reward players for participating, the Heroes vs. Villains event has five rewards up for grabs in exchange for accumulating Faction Points:
- 1,500 Faction Points: Rare "Hero Insignia" or "Villain Insignia" Emblem
- 15,000 Faction Points: Legendary "Chop Chop !!" Gesture
- 37,500 Faction Points: Epic "Heroes Mark" or "Villains Mark" Weapon Charm
- 75,000 Faction Points: Epic "Conflict Spike" Ice Axe Melee Weapon Blueprint
- 150,000 Faction Points: Legendary "Heroes Hand" or "Villains Vengeance" MP-40 SMG Weapon Blueprint
Once everything's tallied up at the end of the event, all players on the winning side will all be gifted their respective unique MP-40 Weapon Blueprint in case they missed out on it, as well as some Season 5 Battle Pass Tier Skips.
Warzone Season 5 Heroes vs. Villains Community Event: End Date
The Heroes vs. Villains event went live at the start of Warzone Season 5 on Aug. 24, and is scheduled to run for three weeks in total until Sept. 14.
For more on Call of Duty, be sure to check out our top five lists:
- Top 5 Call of Duty Games of All Time
- Top 5 Call of Duty Guns of All Time
- Top 5 Call of Duty Maps of All Time
- Top 5 Warzone Moments of All Time
- Top 5 Warzone Seasons of All Time
Additionally, feel free to check out our timeline on the history of the Call of Duty franchise!