Raven Software has released its latest update for Call of Duty: Warzone in Season 4 Reloaded, nerfing a number of popular meta options and buffing two newer weapons.
Just when you thought the weapon meta was settling down, this latest patch might've just drastically changed things in Caldera, Fortune's Keep and Rebirth Island once again. Here's a breakdown of the Aug. 3 patch notes for Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4 Reloaded.
Warzone Season 4 Reloaded Aug. 3 Patch Notes: Full List
Here are the official adjustments Raven has made in this patch:
- Mirzoyan 414mm Custom: Muzzle Velocity now increased by 35%
- Headshot Locational Damage multiplier decreased to 1.3, down from 1.5
- Shot Deviation Increased
KG M40 (VG)
- Headshot Locational Damage multiplier decreased to 1.32, down from 1.46
- Neck Locational Damage multiplier increased to 1.32, up from 1.3
- Min Damage decreased to 21, down from 22
- VDD 287mm: Damage Range Penalty increased to -25%, down from -10% / Muzzle Velocity Penalty increased to -20%, down from -10% / Vertical Recoil Penalty increased to -21%, down from -12%
- Krausnick 428mm 05V: Damage Range decreased to 26%, down from 40%
Kilo 141 (MW)
- Min Damage decreased to 22, down from 23
Armaguerra 43 (VG)
- ADS Movement Speed Scale decreased to 1.36, down from 1.4
- .30 Russian Short 34 Round Mags: Damage Range penalty increased to -25%, down from -14%
- 8mm Kurz 72 Round Mags: Damage Range decreased to 5%, down from 10% / Movement Speed scalar penalty increased to -5%, down from -4.2%
- Imerito 18mm Short: ADS Movement Speed Bonus decreased to 18%, down from 20%
Marco 5 (VG)
- ADS Transition In/Out Time increased to 200ms, up from 190ms
- Vertical Recoil Increased
H4 Blixen (VG)
- Max Damage reduced to 39, down from 40
- Max Damage range decreased to 8 meters, down from 9 meters
- ADS Transition In/Out Time increased to 210ms, up from 190ms
- Bergstrom 17” F3: Muzzle Velocity decreased to 35%, down from 50% / Movement speed increase removed, down from 3% / ADS movement speed increase removed, down from 6%
- 7.62 Gorenko 54 Round Mag: Movement Speed now decreased by 2% / ADS Transition In/Out time scalar decreased to -3%, down from 2%
- 16" CGC Shrouded: Damage Range Penalty decreased to -20%, up from -30%
- 28" Gracey Mk. 9: Damage Range increased to 30%, up from 15%
- .303 British 45 Round Mags: Damage Range Penalty decreased to -10%, up from -20%
VLK Rogue (MW)
- Max Pellet Damage decreased to 38, down from 60
- Min Pellet Damage increased to 15, up from 14
.50 GS (Handgun Echo (MW))
- Neck Torso Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.0, down from, 1.1
- Upper Torso Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.0, down from, 1.1
- Lower Torso Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.0, down from, 1.1
Brace (VG Gun Perk)
- Recoil Control decreased to 3%, down from 4%
- Fixed an issue that caused players to receive damage when entering the Gas due to a minor delay in the Gas Mask animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect amount of Armor to be applied when equipping or picking up the Tempered or Specialist Perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused an unintentional lighting change on Caldera.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Last Alive" Player Card to display the incorrect text.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Season 4 Reloaded Calling Cards to display the incorrect text.
First and foremost, what stands out is that the KG M40, NZ-41, Kilo 141, Marco 5, Armaguerra 43, H4 Blixen and VLK Rogue have been hit pretty hard with nerfs. As it stands, the KG M40, Marco 5 and Armaguerra 43 will likely continue to be elite, while the NZ-41, Kilo 141 H4 Blixen and VLK Rogue certainly do fall a bit behind in the meta, unfortunately.
Secondly, the Vargo-S and Whitley were buffed, perhaps bringing them more in line with the assault rifle meta and LMG meta, respectively. Being two of the more recent additions to the game, it's certainly no surprise that the devs would like to see them receive more love from the community.
For more on Call of Duty, be sure to check out our top five lists:
- Top 5 Call of Duty Games of All Time
- Top 5 Call of Duty Guns of All Time
- Top 5 Call of Duty Maps of All Time
- Top 5 Warzone Moments of All Time
- Top 5 Warzone Seasons of All Time
Additionally, feel free to check out our timeline on the history of the Call of Duty franchise!