When starting with a fresh MyPlayer build in NBA 2K22 MyCareer, most players know that the journey to 99 Overall is long, tiring and, most importantly, costs a ton of VC.
For those wondering what are the essentials to aim for from the get-go, here's a breakdown of which attributes to upgrade first in NBA 2K23 MyCareer on Current Gen and Next Gen.
Which Attributes to Upgrade First in NBA 2K23 MyCareer: Current and Next Gen
First and foremost, it's important to establish that the 95+ OVR grind is indeed the same as last year. The last five attribute upgrades will take a bit longer to earn than the earlier ones and you can't drop in OVR if you lose games.
As such, it still pays to be aware of certain things before investing your VC and limited attribute upgrades.
Off the bat, most players should go through the jump shot animations, dribble moves, dunk packages and Badges they want in the Animations or Badge screens to see what attribute requirements they need in order to equip them.
After that, it mostly depends on what your build is, but these are generally the most important to upgrade first:
- Three-Point Shot (Around an 80 is good)
- Driving Dunk (Upgrade as much as you need to get desired dunk animations/Badges)
- Pass Accuracy (At least 65 is a necessity)
- Ball Handle (85 unlocks pretty much all dribble moves)
- Acceleration (Affects how fast your player speeds up into stop-and-go motions)
- Speed with Ball (Ignore if a big)
- Defensive Rebound (Ignore if a guard)
- Perimeter Defense (Affects how fast your player defensively slides)
- Speed (Affects how fast your player sprints without the ball)
- Vertical (Upgrade as much as you need to get desired dunk animations)
- Offensive Rebound
- Interior Defense
- Free Throw (Higher priority if you play mostly NBA and Rec/Pro-Am)
For more on NBA 2K23, feel free to check out: